Bachelor program of Biotechnology's School - TanTao University is designed to prepare graduates to succeed and develop the way of thinking as a scientist in international level. In addition, graduates can catch the trend of development in science in order to improve their career. Students who obtained Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology will have solid information and can control morden technologies, such as genetic engineering, cellular engineering, microbial biotechnology, in order to apply successfully in agriculture, biomedicine, environment, aquaculture, and food technology. Students will be trained not only ethical in career but also the duty with community. Especially, graduates will show important role in the development of whole society.
- Keep solid knowledge and clever apply natural science knowledge for problem solving in biology and other fields.
- Deploy natural science knowledge and apply in higher level study.
- Keep solid knowledge, conserve and develop valuable national tradition.
- Have knowledge about national security and Vietnamese law.
- Understand and evaluate the important and social significance of biotechnology in pharmacy, agriculture, and environment.
- Apply moral practices and ethical behavior in all fields of science and biotechnological activities.
- Keep solid general knowledge about applied biotechnology in agriculture, biomedicine, aquaculture, and food technology.
- Fulfill all the electives and required to have extensive knowledge in other fields, according to the Liberal education model.
- Keep solid knowledge about major in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics, immunology, and metabolism of organisms.
- Have ability to take part in science program in order to create hypothesis, summarize and evaluate scientific information, set up experiments, collect and analyze data, apply biostatistic methods and conclude.
- Have ability to receive and analyze new information in biotechnology and biomedicine.
- Have ability to read scientific articles in order to prepare specialized scientific articles (develop reading and writing skill).
- Develop fundamental researches which are premise of following application studies, in order to solve problems in biomedicine, agriculture, environment, and industry.
- Fulfill all requirements for further study in master, doctorate degree in local international universities or oversea universities.
- Proficient technique in molecular, cell, tissue, genetic engineering and biochemistry which apply in biology.
- Capable to communicate scientific information efficiency in individual or group by listening, propounding, writing and speaking and poster.
- Capable to use computer softwares in biological experiment data analyzing and processing.
- Has logical thinking and creative ability with full knowledge in his profession.
- Maximize leadership capacity and give decision quickly and accuracy in each research project;
- Maximize the ability to work with multiple groups of collaborators.
- Ability to self-develop and ceaseless efforts to learn knowledge.
- Develop effective presentation and communication skills at science conferences with both listening and speaking skills (both Vietnamese and English);
- Informatics: Achieve at least the skills in office computing.
- Achieve international English proficiency: TOEFL PBT 600/ TOEFLiBT 100 or IELTS 7.0 or equivalent.
- Complete the work with a sense of responsibility and attitude best cooperation.
- Constantly improving ourselves efforts.
- Live responsibly with the community / society.
- Be honest, confident and enthusiastic about the work.
- Evaluate the change, as well as the impact of environment on life quality of human. Therefore, promote the advance and potential of applied biotechnology to improve human health.
- Apply biotechnological achivements in national and international food security.
- Combine work and research with other scientific disciplines to address the pressing issues of the community / society.
WORKING POSITION AFTER GRADUATION
Student who graduate with Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology from TanTao University will able to work in different positions:
- Researchers at universities, institutes / research centers to study the following directions:
+ Agriculture & Forestry: Research on plant and animal varieties and disease screening;
+ Medicine: Research on biological materials, recombinant protein technology for pharmaceutical products development;
+ Basic Science: Research on the genome of species, gene expression, genetic, and epigenetics;
+ Environment: Research on the application of microorganisms in waste disposal; screening, detection and evaluation of toxic levels of products;
+ Food: Research and application in food processing technology, postharvest preservation technology and food quality management systems;
- Lecturers at universities, especially international universities;
- Key researcher in DNA testing / Diagnostic companies;
- Officers at the forensic department;
- Key researcher at pesticide production companies;
- Key researcher at hospitals;
- Working for international cooperation programs;
- Qualified to apply for further Master and Ph.D. in developed countries with advanced in science and technology.
|- MOET courses||22 credits|
|- TTU core courses||30 credits|
|- SB core courses||49 credits|
|- Major’s concentration courses||15 credits|
|- Electives||24 credits|
|- Graduate thesis||10 credits|
High school graduates or students of equivalent degrees who are healthy enough to complete their studies, in Good Academic and Disciplinary Standing, not under investigation, can apply to TTU. Additionally, target students must meet all the requirements that satisfy the MOET's university student admission regulations and the TTU's student admission plan.
- Education level: Undergraduate
- Education program: Full-time
- Education period: 4 years (However, students can graduate earlier than 4 years because the program is based on course credit system)
- Be registered at TTU full time for at least four full semesters;
- Complete the requirements of at least one major degree program;
- Complete at least 150 credits;
- Complete all TTU courses that satisfy degree requirements with a cumulative grade point average of at least 1.67 or higher;
- Complete all TTU courses that satisfy major and/or minor requirements (as designated by the department) with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 or higher;
- Satisfy the English composition requirement: Toefl PBT 600 - iBT 100 or IELTS 7.0 or equivalent;
- Satisfy the Lifetime Physical Activity Program requirement;
- Complete courses to satisfy the Distribution Requirement;
- Complete the course about Military training;
- Complete the course about Physical training;
Otherwise be a student in good academic and disciplinary standing and not under investigation.