The program of Biotechnology - Tan Tao University is designed for training Bachelors to have the entire mindset of an international scientist, good management knowledge, ability to self-study, together with the ability to catch the development trend of the profession for contributing the development of science and technology in their country and the whole society. Bachelors of Biotechnology have excellent research ability to apply achievements in Agriculture, Biology - Medicine, Environment, Fisheries, and Food Technology for improving people's quality of life. In addition, the bachelor can meet the demand for highly qualified and skilled human resources, including artificial intelligence (AI) and big data (Big data) applications. The program will help students training on correctness and professional ethics, autonomy and responsibility for themselves and the community, awareness, and lifelong learning skills.
|ELO01||Having fundamental knowledge in mathematics and natural science-related subjects in order to effectively tackle issues in and out of the field of study, and being able to apply this knowledge to higher educational levels.|
|ELO02||Having fundamental knowledge in political theory, national defense security, and Vietnam’ and international’ laws, and being able to understand and assess the importance of biotechnology application in product research and development to meet social needs.|
|ELO03||Being able to plan, assign, manage, supervise, operate, and assess task completion for individuals and teams when participating in the biotechnology projects applied in the following fields: agriculture, medicine and pharmacy, environment, aquaculture, food technology, industry, and related areas.|
|ELO04||Being able to perceive and analyze new scientific data in the field of biotechnology in order to tackle current problems in the fields of medicine and pharmacy, agriculture, environment, food technology, aquaculture, and industry by using the fundamental knowledge in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics, immunology, and biosynthetic pathways of micro-organisms.|
|ELO05||Having the ability to carry out scientific research, and being able to form hypotheses, integrate, and assess scientific information, outline, and execute research projects, design experiments, collect and analyze data, use statistical analysis, and draw conclusions for each research aim.|
|ELO06||Having fundamental knowledge in bioinformatics at both basic and advanced levels – with the ability to utilize international database systems such as NCBI, Ensembl, UCSC, and related software.|
|ELO07||Having technical skills in cell biology, histology, genetics, biochemistry, and related techniques that are performed in the laboratory, company, or research institute.|
|ELO08||Having the ability to communicate scientific information by listening, expressing ideas, giving oral and poster presentations as an individual or as in a team, using listening and speaking skills (both in Vietnamese and English) to present, discuss and debate at scientific conferences.|
|ELO09||Being able to efficiently use online or offline software to analyze and process experimental data.|
|ELO10||Having management, operation, decision-making skills to execute research projects, and having critical thinking skills to develop personal ideas to start-up ideas, bringing values to self, family, and society.|
|ELO11||Having the ability to work well in a team, and being able to plan, assign, supervise and assess the task completion while motivating everyone.|
|ELO12||Having basic skills in using Microsoft office tools, such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, online tools for document and report generation.|
|ELO13||Achieving international English proficiency which is equivalent to the six-level foreign language proficiency framework for Vietnam: TOEFL PBT 600/ TOEFL iBT 100 or IELTS 7.0, or equivalent|
AUTONOMY AND RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL
|ELO14||Being able to work independently, self-study, self-develop, be a lifelong learner, be responsible for the community and society, including embrace integrity, independence, self-responsibility, and passion for work.|
|ELO15||Being able to self-orient, draw assumptions about the current issues as well as the impacts of living environment on the quality of human life on the basis of planning, coordinating, managing, and supervising the resources needed to execute the biotechnology projects to tackle these problems.|
WORKING POSITION AFTER GRADUATION
Student who graduate with Bachelor of Science in Applied Biology from TanTao University will able to work in different positions:
- Start-up biotechnological companies to produce diagnosis kit.
- Working for pharmacy companies in development medicine from natural products which applied in cancer and diseases treatment.
- Start-up companies to produce natural medicine.
- Set up model for beekeepers, investment, processing, and commercial products from honey.
- Specialist in R&D departments. - Lecturers in universities, especially in international universities.
- Process operation, management, and quality control in pharmacy companies, food companies.
- Biotechnological specialist in agricultural processing companies, food processing companies, aqua cultural processing companies, testing centers, laboratories, microbiological research departments, plant biotechnological research departments, animal biotechnological research departments.
- Specialist in biopsy diagnosis, medical laboratory officer in hospitals and medical centers (especially prenatal diagnosis of genetic diseases).
- Graduates can pass admission requirements of Master and Doctor Degree in developed countries with advanced in science and technology.
Total credits: 129 credits (exclude MOET core courses)
|TTU core courses||30 credits|
|SB core courses||34 credits|
|Students must choose one following Concentration area bellow:
Biotechnology Concentration area
- Basic Courses
- Advanced Courses
|Biomedical Data Science Concentration area
- Basic Courses
- Advanced Courses
|Electives for two Concentration area||24 credits|
|Undergraduate Thesis/ Internship OR complete at least 9 credits electives||09 credits|
High school graduates or students of equivalent degrees who are healthy enough to complete their studies, in Good Academic and Disciplinary Standing, not under investigation, can apply to TTU. Additionally, target students must meet all the requirements that satisfy the MOET's university student admission regulations and the TTU's student admission plan.
- Education level: Undergraduate
- Education program: Full-time
- Education period: 4 years (However, students can graduate earlier than 4 years because the program is based on course credit system)
Students are responsible for making certain that their plan of study meets all degree and major requirements. To graduate from TTU University, all students must:
- Be registered at TTU full time for at least four full semesters;
- Complete the requirements of at least one major degree program;
- Complete at least 153 credits;
- Complete all TTU courses that satisfy degree requirements with a cumulative grade point average of at least 1.67 or higher;
- Complete all TTU courses that satisfy major and/or minor requirements (as designated by the department) with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 or higher;
- Satisfy the English composition requirement: Toefl PBT 600 - iBT 100 or IELTS 7.0 or TOEIC 780 or equivalent;
- Satisfy the Lifetime Physical Activity Program requirement;
- Complete courses to satisfy the Distribution Requirement;
- Complete the course about Military training;
- Complete the course about Physical training;
Otherwise be a student in good academic and disciplinary standing and not under investigation.